LAW STUDENTS ASSOCIATION
January 30, 2014, 12:30 p.m.
Present: Alex Kiles, Lauren Jaffe, Val Washington, Rob Catmull, Kate Long, Nick Deuschle, Kara Harrington, Justin Cohen, Ian Todd, Sri Pernankil, Stephen Richer, Grace Goodblatt, Marlow Svatek, Mike Heckmann, Tara Levens, Ken Thomas, Jeff McIntosh, Dan Schufreider, Yoshi Usui
Absent: Viviana Aldous, Analuz Sanchez Mejorada Raab
Check out LSA’s new website!
· The website aggregates all the information students need regarding law student organizations and academics.
· One of the most significant things the site offers is an easy-to-read calendar with every lunch talk and law school-related events we know of. If you’re a student org leader and want to get your event on the calendar, check out the site for instructions on how to submit your event information.
Changes to LSA by-laws
· LSA has amended its by-laws and will post the amended by-laws on its website as soon as the changes are implemented.
Moratorium on LSA funding
· LSA has implemented a temporary moratorium on funding as it improves its budget-allocation process.
· Any questions can be directed to LSA President Alex Kiles at email@example.com.
· Still working on setting a brewery tour!
· LSA will get at least 50 tickets to a Cubs game in the spring. More info to come.
· LSA is planning to hold a faculty/student softball game in the spring quarter.
· LSA is currently finding a venue and setting a date for Prom.
Standing Reminder: Contacting LSA with issues and suggestions
· As well as tracking your LSA rep(s) down in person, you can contact us via email or online at http://www.law.uchicago.edu/node/6253 with any issues, suggestions, or concerns.
· You can also bring them to the Dean of Students Office (even anonymously if you remember to sign out of the website first!) via http://www.law.uchicago.edu/students/suggestions.